Jack Ma (real name Ma Yun), the leader of the largest Chinese technology company and the permanent leader of Alibaba, left his post, giving way to his successor.
Ma announced that this would happen in September 2018. The new head of the company, Ma’s successor, is Daniel Zhang. September 10, 2019 was chosen due to the fact that just now Ma celebrated his 55th birthday, and Alibaba also has an anniversary. She was twenty years old.
This term was the time when the former English teacher became a half-trillion-dollar retail monster. It is doubtful that without its leader the company could have become what it is now.
The story of Aliexpress founder Jack Ma
Ma, a Chinese by nationality, created his own trading platform in 1999 with his comrades. At that time, the Internet in China was just getting its first initial development, and the country itself was just preparing to join the World Trade Organization (WTO).
There were very few products made in China on the Internet. Chinese manufacturers did not have a good online marketplace. Ma saw great opportunities here. However, other entrepreneurs noticed this as well. Alibaba (Ali Baba, as they call it in Russian) just attracted big investors like Goldman Sachs and SoftBank. It was the investments of these companies that became the first and most important impetus for Alibaba.
Ma became interested in English as a child, according to his biography on Wikipedia. He taught it, acting as a guide on excursions for English tourists. True, Ma managed to enter the pedagogical faculty only the third time. Ma recalls that in his youth he tried to interview for at least 30 different jobs. However, everything ended in failure.
They were probably what inspired Ma to come up with and organize his own business. At present, he directly or indirectly employs several tens of thousands of citizens of his country.
By the way, Ma never did programming, until the age of 33 he did not even have a personal computer. Moreover, he was not engaged in sales. However, he managed to create and develop a pure technology company with global e-commerce, retail, electronic payments, artificial intelligence development, media business and cloud technologies.
Ma’s most significant hobby is performances. All Alibaba founding parties become performances. Ma always participated in the show, and in an unusual way. So, in 2014, he sang a song from the cartoon “The Lion King”, in 2017, disguised, he appeared in the image of Michael Jackson, performing several dance moves in front of an audience of 40,000.
The millionaire founder of Alibaba also had scandalous stories. For example, in 2019, he spoke in an interview that working 12 hours a day, six days a week, is happiness. He confidently predicts a transition to a 12-hour workweek due to the growth of robotization and technological development around the world.
Once, Ma’s statement caused a storm of indignation in general. This happened after he said that the shooting of protesting students on Tiananmen Square in 1989 in Beijing was the only correct decision of the Chinese leaders.
Wife and children
In the late 1980s, today’s richest Chinese businessman married fellow student Zhang Wei. The marriage produced two children: son Ma Yuankong and daughter Ma Yuanbao. Until now, he has citizenship only in China, where he still lives in his mansion house.
Interesting facts about Jack Ma
- Jack Ma is 152cm
- The popular site AliExpress (Aliexpress) is owned by Alibaba Group, which also owns such popular Chinese resources as Alibaba.com, Taobao.com and others.
- Jack Ma directed the film “Gong Shou Dao”.
- Ma’s success story book is titled “Alibaba. A First Person Story of World Climbing” by Clark Duncan, the book is available in Russian for purchase and download online.
- Once, the founder of Alibaba, the richest man in China, Jack Ma, made a speech at a Russian university – he gave a lecture at the Faculty of Physics of Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov in Russia, this video immediately gained popularity on YouTube.
- Ma has an official fan page on Instagram, Facebook where you can write a letter or leave your opinion in the comments, but most likely the letter will not be sent directly to Ma, as the page is not personal.
Famous quotes by Jack Ma
These quotes about education, money, work, poverty, age, politics can be taken as life changing motivational tips that are suitable not only for entrepreneurs, but for anyone who wants to grow and develop in any field.
- You need to be around the right people, not the best.
- No matter how tough the race of life is, you should always have a dream that was when it all began. This will help you stay motivated and keep you from thinking weak thoughts.
- There is always enough money. We miss people with dreams, people who can die for those dreams.
- I call myself blind, riding a blind tiger.
- Never be the best on prices, be the best on services and innovation.
- Instead of learning from other people’s successes, learn from their mistakes. Most people who achieve nothing have made standard mistakes, while there are many reasons for success.
- Never give up. Today is difficult, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow the sun will shine.
- Help the youth. Help the beginners, because the little guys will be the big ones. When the seeds you sow in their minds germinate, they will change the world.
- I try to make myself happy first, because I know that if I am unhappy, my colleagues are unhappy, my shareholders are unhappy, then my clients will be unhappy.
- If you’ve never tried it, how do you know if there’s a chance?
- If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. The biggest failure is to quit.
- I don’t want people to have big pockets, but small minds.
- You have no idea how much you can do in this life.
- You don’t even know that everything you do is important to society.
- You have to make consumers smart. The e-commerce portal does not sell the product at lower prices, instead the store around the corner sells the product at a higher price.
- You must ensure that your team has value, innovation and vision.
- If you are small, you should focus and rely on your brain, not your strength.
- Today, making money is very easy. But it is very difficult to ensure the sustainability of money while maintaining social responsibility and improving the world.
- If we’re a good team and we know what we want, 1 of us can beat 10 of them.
- The leader must be more tenacious and courageous in order to endure what employees cannot endure.
- Quiet conversation is always difficult, always confusing.
- You should learn from your competitor, but never copy them. If you copy, you will die.
- Nothing that I failed. In any case, I passed on the concept to others. Even if I don’t succeed, someone else will.
- Smart people need a fool to lead them. When there are a lot of scientists in the team, it is best that they be led by a peasant. He has a different way of thinking. It’s easier to win if you have people with different points of view in your team.
- If your customers love you, the government will have to love you too.
- Never, ever do business with the government.
- When we have money, we start making mistakes. Never complete a 20 year program in 2 years.
- We value yesterday, but look forward to a better tomorrow.
- Without the Internet, there would be no Jack Ma, no Alibaba or Taobao.
- Life is so short and so beautiful. Don’t take your job so seriously. Source: econet.ru.
- Poor people fail because of one thing in common: their whole life is spent waiting.