Hyaluronic acid is an important substance for our body, especially the skin and cartilage tissue. The lack of this compound leads to various health problems not only of the dermatological profile.
More often, hyaluron is mentioned in the context of cosmetology, as it helps to preserve the youthfulness of the skin. But this fact does not negate the importance of the substance for the joints, their ligamentous apparatus, the organ of vision. The compound also has a protective effect and ensures the restoration of the dermis after damage.
Acid refers to those substances that are synthesized in our body on their own. The compound itself is an indispensable component of the extracellular structures of the tissues of the human body, connective tissue, epithelium, and other structures. Acid refers to glycosaminoglycans, which, in turn, are a component of proteoglycans.
- Actively participates in cellular metabolism.
- The structure itself is very stable due to disaccharide bonds between the repeating polymers that make up the molecule of this compound.
- Hyaluron is able to retain and move large amounts of water in the dermis.
- Participates in the immune system.
Hyaluronic acid has minimal allergic activity, suitable for all skin types. Its largest amount is found in the dermis of newborns.
Using hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid is widely used in medicine and its subsection – cosmetology. The areas of use are gradually expanding. This is due to the increasing discoveries regarding the beneficial properties of this compound.
Hyaluronic acid has long been used in cosmetology for various procedures. The substance itself ensures the regulation of the water balance of the skin, is involved in the production of collagen and elastane fibers.
Over time, these processes slow down, to correct them and improve the condition of the face (tone, elasticity), various procedures are used that help retain moisture in the skin.
List of procedures:
- In cosmetology, wrinkles are filled with dermal fillers with hyaluronic acid (contouring). The substance itself is denser, due to which the effectiveness of the procedure is achieved. As a result, hyaluronic acid has a number of positive properties for the face: it improves its tone, making it more even, wrinkles are also smoothed, the skin itself looks fresh. At the same time, facial expressions do not suffer, since the muscles are not affected. The effect of the procedure can last up to 1 year.
- Cosmetologists use biorevitalization with hyaluronic acid. The procedure provides facial modeling through this drug, improves skin color, tone, reduces the number and severity of wrinkles, age spots. Doctors use 2 methods of administering a substance: injections of hyaluronic acid and the use of laser radiation. The first method is more common, allows you to deliver the drug deeper into the skin. The gel with the substance is injected with a special needle into the area of the greatest aging of the outer cover (it is pre-cleaned and treated with antiseptics), a small papule forms at the injection site of hyaluronic acid. After that, a cream is applied to eliminate inflammation of the dermis. Laser biorevitalization is carried out using appropriate radiation. The patient is injected with a dense gel with hyaluronic acid. The effect of the procedure is the same as that of injections, but the substance itself does not penetrate deeper than from the previous method. Laser biorevitalization is non-invasive, which minimizes the risk of inflammatory reactions and other complications. The biorevitalization procedure provides not only the delivery of hyaluron to the dermis, but also activates the production of its own collagen and elastane.
- Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid is widespread. In addition, the drug makes their contour clearer, refreshes the color. The procedure takes little time, there is a minimum of complications, no preparation and special care is required. The acid dissolves over time, the lips regain their former appearance, there are no scars and defects on the skin.
- Hyaluron is used for dry hair, making it smoother and more elastic, saturating it with moisture and nutrients. To improve the condition of the hair, you can use shampoos and lotions with this substance, it is also taken orally in the form of tablets, powders or capsules. Creams with hyaluronic acid are available that allow you to saturate the skin with moisture, eliminate fine wrinkles, make the face radiant and healthier by evening out its tone. These agents are an alternative to injections, although the effects are shallow. Also, face creams and serums with hyaluronic acid help maintain and enhance the effect of cosmetic care.
A large number of companies produce similar products, so finding a suitable option is not difficult.
Hyaluron is widely used in medicine. Acid drops are used as an adjunct in the treatment of cataracts. The drugs help retain water and nutrients, thereby preventing the progression of lens opacity. It also improves the metabolism of the organ of vision. Hyaluronic acid is used as a medium for operations on the organ of vision. This provides the best conditions for the implementation of the intervention and helps to avoid complications.
Successfully used hyaluronic acid for joints. In arthrology and rheumatology, injections of sodium hyaluronate, a salt of this acid, are used. Another name for these drugs is liquid joints. They help to successfully fight the pathologies of the moving joints of our body (osteoarthritis, autoimmune diseases, bursitis, synovitis, various injuries).
Among the disadvantages of these funds is the high cost of treatment. Advantages – rapid elimination of clinical symptoms, the ability to reduce dosages of other groups of drugs, minimal risk of complications. Injections are carried out in medical institutions by a trained doctor under the control of an ultrasound machine.
Medicine (including aesthetic) – the main areas of application of hyaluronic acid. In addition, it can be used as a biologically active food supplement. This is done only after consulting a doctor and under his control. Hyaluronate is an important component of cosmetics – care and decorative. The addition of this component improves the properties and quality of products, their effectiveness.
You can find the substance in various forms of release – there is hyaluronic acid in solid form (for example, in tablets), creams, serums, gels and ointments, intra-articular injections, eye drops. Forms for cosmetic procedures (gels, liquid preparations) are produced separately. You can find shampoos, gels, serums, hair balms.
Pharmacological companies also produce hyaluronic acid in capsules, which allows you to choose the most convenient form for taking the substance for each consumer. The addition of acid to the composition of decorative and care cosmetics (various products for the face and lips) is becoming more and more widespread, which improves its properties, provides better application of the product to the skin, and the duration of the effect of use also increases.
A large number of companies produce hyaluronic acid. Among the cosmetology firms are: Libriderm (Russia), Vichy (France), Tete (Switzerland), Mathis (France), Perricon (USA), Pharmatheiss (Germany).
As for dosage forms, there are a large number of manufacturers: Rottafarm (Ireland), Evalar (Russia), Fidia (Italy), Sotex (Switzerland), Gialtec (Great Britain). In tablets and capsules, the substance is produced by Solgar (USA).
Hyaluronic acid reviews
Reviews on the use of face creams with hyaluronic acid are mostly positive. Users note an immediate effect after application, the skin becomes hydrated and radiant, the color improves, wrinkles are reduced. It is emphasized that the cream should be selected after consulting a specialist. Contraindications for use The substance is not used in the presence of allergies to it.
It is forbidden to use hyaluron in case of acute inflammatory processes of the skin (or exacerbation of any dermatological pathologies), herpes, during pregnancy and lactation. For cosmetic procedures, contraindications are autoimmune and oncological diseases. Hyaluronic acid is not prescribed in case of taking anticoagulants, in the presence of pathologies of the hematopoietic system.